We’re looking for a talented and self motivated Junior Front End Developer to join our Leeds based studio. You’ll be working with our team to help make our clients’ dream websites a reality.
You’ll be involved in the process right from the start, from helping build specifications and quotes for ideas to building and testing the new features alongside our inhouse team so it’s of crucial importance that being part of a team environment is what you’re looking for.
- Location: Welford HQ, Leeds City Centre
- Hours: 40/week
- Salary: £18k-£26k Depending on experience
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Front end frameworks like Bootstrap
- Modern CSS layout solutions, like Flexbox or CSS Grid
- CSS naming conventions like BEM
- CMS like WordPress or Craft
- Template languages like Twig
- Backend languages ideally PHP
- Build tools like Gulp or Webpack
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least one years experience in an agency environment
- Ability to work quickly and to deadlines
- A Passion for ideas and creativity
- Great time-management & organisation skills
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Any eye for detail
- Confidence dealing with clients & team members
We’ve been in this business for nearly 15 years, so creating industry leading websites and pushing technology innovations to the next level is what we live for. We’re a small team with a wide set of skills and projects under our belts, and the best suited candidate will get to work on a wide range of websites from high profile to SMEs to help achieve their goals.
We will always strive to produce the best and deliver technologically advanced websites combined with enhanced user friendly designs. To achieve this we do work very hard but are always support our staff in growing their knowledge and expanding their skills, whilst working with great clients. We fund and support training for the successful candidate and we encourage you to work on any personal projects which can benefit the business.
We consider ourselves pretty laid back at Welford, and make sure that the environment in which we work is a friendly and casual one. Need to clear your head? Luna our office dog will quite happily keep you company for a while (or all day if you play your cards right). With paid lunches, game days, afterwork drinks, meals out and various other team building activities we want to ensure Welford is a place you want to come to work at, rather than have to.
Ready to take the next step? If you like the sound of becoming the newest Junior Front End Developer at Welford Media, simply email our team your CV at [email protected] and let us know why you’d like to work with us.
If you have any questions about the role then please don’t hesitate to send us an email
We no longer work with recruitment agencies at all and manage all of our recruitment in house, so please do not contact.