Installing OpenStock requires some knowledge of uploading files through FTP (using an FTP program like Filezilla or Cyberduck). If you would prefer us to install the module, we offer an install service for OpenStock. Please get in touch for more information.
- Ensure that you have installed vQmod and it is working correctly.
- Download and unzip the module files from where you have purchased the module.
- There will be a folder named "upload" that contains folders like "admin", "catalog" "system" and "vqmod"
- Upload all of these files to the root of your store (the folders you are uploading will also exist in the directory you are uploading to). If asked, choose "merge directories".
- Login to your admin area and go to Extensions > Modules in your menu.
- Click install next to the OpenStock module.
- Navigate to Catalog > Options
- Make sure ALL options have a unique sort order
- The module is now installed - you do not need to configure anything.
To verify that the module has installed, go to a product and click edit (products are under Catalog > Products in your menu). You will see a new tab called Stock Control, if you do not see this tab then:
- Clear your vQmod cache folder
- Disable all of your other modules that affect the product edit page - you may have a conflict
- Check your vQmod log for errors (errors are usually caused by conflicts of if you have modified the core code)